Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dear Family,

The entire time we've been here, Sister Holdaway has been hoping that we would hear from an apostle at devotional. Our last week here, it finally happened! Elder Richard G. Scott came to the MTC on Tuesday and we had a wonderful devotional with him. He gave a talk focusing on prayer and how precious our communication with Heavenly Father really is. One of the things I remember that he said was to pray even when we don't feel like praying. That's the time when we are in most need of prayer. When he was walking out, we were all silent and then he turns to us and yells, "Be good!" He's so great. The spirit was so strong in that room. 

Anyway, it's my last week!! And I can hardly describe how wonderful these past few days have been. First, Richard G. Scott. Yesterday, we finally had our culture day and it was great to hear from all of our teachers what they love about Estonia. It was a little sad, though, because we said goodbye to two of our teachers. But one of them is going to Estonia soon so hopefully we'll see her there! And this morning, we were able to go to the temple one last time before we leave! I love the temple. 

Tomorrow is in-field orientation and then Saturday is our last day of class. Then on Sunday, we'll have a departure meeting, we'll probably watch The Character of Christ again by David A. Bednar. We've watched that thing four times now. Not only is it so good, but it's also only been the only other option than the Legacy... I did that once while I was here and I'm not doing that again. 

So, remember how we all watched the Called To Serve video the night before I left? Well, I told the sisters about it and they have never seen it. It's a shame, really. I'm starting to feel like I've already told you all this before... but anyway. I told them about the hand-waving montage. Then, one night, during devotional, Sister Nally played a video. It was different music, but it had the same hand-waving montage at the end! Oh the happiness. Then when we walk to and from devotional, people always like to honk and wave at us, and when we wave back, I feel like I'm in that movie.

Quick funny story. There is a lot of construction going on here at the West Campus. One morning, the four of us sisters were walking to breakfast, and there were a few constructions works near us, one of them in some kind of construction vehicle. Something went wrong, and the driver yelled out a very bad word. Ha. Very quickly, he apologized! He felt so bad, but really, it just made us laugh. We're so sheltered here.

Last thing, I finished the Book of Mormon last night! I think it was maybe my third time reading it all of the way through. I love that book. When I was done, I hugged it and held it close to me. It is so very precious and I've appreciated it much more this time than I ever have before. In Moroni, there's that chapter that talks about children and baptism. When I was reading it, I was overwhelmed with the thought and feeling that God loves us perfectly. On Tuesday, Elder Scott said, "He loves us perfectly and He is determined to help."  And as I was in the temple, I thought a lot about what it means to be a child of God. I want you all to know that I do know that God is our Father. We are His children and He loves us perfectly. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. And I know that by reading it with sincerity, we will come closer to Christ.

I love you all. I'm not sure when my P-days will be once I'm in Estonia, but you'll hear from me next from Estonia!!!

Armastusega,
Sister Chestnut

No comments:

Post a Comment